The Press Kit contains a selection of screenshots and a high-resolution version of the Checkout Logo.Download Press Kit
For press-related questions, please contact Lauren Kasper. We'll provide answers to your questions as timely as possible.
Rockaway, NJ (July 8, 2014) - Acclivity, a leader in small business accounting and point of sale software, today announced the release of Checkout Point of Sale v4, the easy to use, affordable, Mac point of sale software used by business around the world. With this release comes over 45 new enhanced features, a blazing fast image processing engine, and Shopify syncing for e-commerce users.
"Checkout 4 includes a number significant technical, under-the-hood enhancements that will deliver increased performance and stability, which is important to retailers of all sizes and types," said Tom Nash, Acclivity Co-Founder. "But what we're probably most excited about is the tight integration between Checkout and Shopify, providing stores and boutiques a true end-to-end solution for selling their wares on- and off-line.”
“The release of Checkout 4 brings a sea change for both existing and future users. The new Shopify connector puts a leading e-commerce platform that has a seemingly endless list of third-party plug-ins within affordable reach of Checkout users. Equally, Shopify users who have a bricks and mortar store now have the option of linking their web store with an excellent yet inexpensive Mac point of sale app,” said Jonathan White of Boscown Ltd, Checkout Certified Consultant.
New features in Checkout include:
- Shopify Connector - Use Checkout for physical retail store transactions and sell products online with Shopify. Inventory items and Sales Invoices sync directly between Checkout and Shopify so there is no re-entry of data.
- Faster performance - Checkout’s underlying software components have been updated and upgraded, making for faster performance, better database stability, and more robust data protection.
- Hardware improvements - Barcode scanning and label printing have been updated with new features and fixes to make working with hardware easier than ever.
- Upgraded image processor - With our new, built in image processor, Checkout supports more image formats, including PDF, EPS, JPEG 2000 and GIF (even animated GIFs)
- Templates - Checkout’s templates have been completely modernized, including printing of orders, sales, invoices and purchase orders. Templates now have the option to display notes, packaging slip information, tip, discounts, product descriptions, shipping information, and signature on printed invoices and receipts.
- New Printable Additions - Checkout now has the ability to print gift receipts and packaging slips directly from the print dialog box.
- Multiple Language Support for Printing - All invoices and receipts now go to a Internationalization translator and can printed in the following languages: English, French, Spanish, Dutch, German, Italian.
- Import and Export - Importing and exporting your customers is easier, with vCard support returning to Checkout.
Pricing and Availability
Checkout Point of Sale is available immediately from the Checkout website, http://www.checkoutapp.com and from Apple Specialists around the world, retail price of $499. For more information, please visit the Checkout Point of Sale website or call 800-322-6962.
If you would like to receive a NFR license of Checkout Point of Sale or would like to set up a time to have a webinar to see the features in action please email firstname.lastname@example.org.